Sunday, May 10, 2020

On Mothers Day, a mother's hopes

A friend just circulated this thirty-year-old photo to stir up some happy memories among the "gang" of Aussies who live in Israel. 

Seeing it for the first time since that Yom Ha'atzmaut picnic was a stab in the heart. That's me in the black shirt and I am cradling my precious daughter, Malki in my lap. 

Ignorant, of course, of how her life would be cut short twelve years later.

Today, as Mother's Day is celebrated in many countries around the world, I feel the loss of my sweet child profoundly. 

Meanwhile her murderer - Ahlam Tamimi - enjoys marriage and the refuge and veneration accorded her by Jordan's King Abdullah II.

The demand for her extradition to the US has been rejected by him for the past seven years!

I pray this travesty will soon end and justice will be done for Malki and the fifteen other men, women and children smitten by Jordan's "icon" Tamimi.  

After all, I only seek what any mother would for her child - the trial, conviction and imprisonment of her murderer. 

Is that too much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment