Monday, December 21, 2020

President Rivlin joins the pack

Image Source
Last week, during Chanukah, our President joined the list of Israeli politicians and dignitaries who have honored Aleh or Adi with a visit. 

Like the others, some of whom I've mentioned (To quote Diana Ross: I'm still waiting and Unexplained upheaval at Aleh?), Reuven Rivlin showered Adi with fulsome praise. But, his hyperboles so far surpassed those who preceded him they bordered on parody. 

Example:
"During my visit here today, you all gave me so much hope, so much love, and so much light... Doron,[Doron Almog, CEO of Adi] my dear friend, an IDF hero and an Israel Prize Laureate, what a wonderful torch you have lit here, this little slice of godliness. It is a lighthouse of giving, a lighthouse of love, a lighthouse of faith. Here, you do miracles, in these days, at this time, and you know how to light many candles from just one small jug of oil. Thank you for establishing the ADI Negev-Nahalat Eran rehabilitative village, this precious light that guides us all."
I mean, really, "this little slice of godliness"??? Mr. President, I believe it's time for you to find a new speechwriter. 

The President is now the recipient of a letter of complaint which I sent him, just as I did the Minister of Health Yuli Edelstein, the Minister of Education Yoav Galant, and the Dutch Ambassador to Israel, Hans Dokter. 

The first two never responded - despite my repeated resends - while the last sent me a lame defense of institutionalization.

Regarding the Adi vs. Aleh confusion [Give up? Never]] I'm afraid there have been no fresh revelations. My Personal Messages on Adi's Facebook page inquiring about the split now number 3. Adi's responses remain at 0.

And here is Haya engaged in one of her favorite activities. It's right up there with her hydrotherapy, her walking and her eating. 

Now, I realize she is 25 years old and those achievements are unimpressive at this stage in her life, but they thrill me nonetheless. So here she is kicking away.



No comments:

Post a Comment